Creamy Celery Soup (pdf for printing)
2 tbls coconut oil
2 onions, chopped roughly
6 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tsp thyme
2 heads of celery, chopped roughly
1 large potato
10 cups vegetable broth
- Put broth in a stock pot and boil.
- Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add carrots and celery to onion and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put potato and onion mixture in the boiling broth. Add thyme.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a Vitamix or hand blender.
- Return to pot and simmer for 3 minutes.